(Published by Easton Spectator with permission from the author)
To: The BC College of Physicians and Surgeons
FAX TO: 604-733-3503
October 1, 2021
From: Complainant Name(Person):
Norman Grant Smith
508-10 Renaissance Square
New Westminster, BC, V3M 7B1
Registrant MSP 04679
Dr. Bonnie Henry
Provincial Health Officer
4th Floor – 1515 Blanshard St.
PO Box 9648
STN PROVINCIAL GOVT
Victoria, BC, V8W 9P4
My name is Norman Grant Smith. I am a Canadian born citizen, and a resident of BC.
This Concern is being filed as a private citizen acting on my own behalf, and in the public interest.
Relevant Authority: The BCCPS Practice Standards apply to: “all physicians and surgeons who practise medicine in British Columbia.” There are no exceptions to this policy specified within the Practice Standards .
Apparent (Prima Facie) Failure to Comply with The Practice Standards of The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia as follows:
Note: I have underlined some text from the Practice Standards that I believe is most relevant to this complaint/concern.
- a) Practice Standard: Advertising and Communication with the Public
- In this standard, “advertising” or an “advertisement” means any communication made orally, in print, through electronic media or via the internet by or on behalf of a registrant to the public where its substantial purpose is to promote the registrant, the registrant’s services, or the clinic or group where the registrant practises or with which the registrant is associated.
- “Communication with the public must be limited to factual and truthful information that assists the patient in making an informed decision.”
- Must “contain factual and relevant information that is accurate, clear and explicitly states all important details,”
- must “not be false, incomplete, misleading or deceptive, or reasonably capable of misleading or deceiving,
- b) Practice Standard: Disclosure of Adverse or Harmful Events
- In keeping with fundamental commitments of the medical profession outlined in the CMA Code of Ethics and Professionalism (Take all reasonable steps to prevent or minimize harm to the patient; disclose to the patient if there is a risk of harmor if harm has occurred), physicians have an ethical and professional obligation to disclose information about adverse or harmful events to their patients.
Specifically, Dr. Henry has consistently and repeatedly appeared before the population of British Columbia, for the purpose of advocating and promoting Covid-19 vaccinations. This activity is clearly “Communication with the Public”.
These appearances have been broadcast on Provincial network television, National Network television, in digital media communications such as cable TV, and the messages have been repeated widely in social media platforms.
The public relies on Dr. Henry to provide advice that is truthful, accurate, and in compliance with the Practice Standards of the BCCPS, and the related guidance such as the CMA Code of Ethics and Professionalism, which provide the professional and regulatory guidance for the creation of the BCCPS Practice Standards.
Regarding the Covid-19 vaccines Dr. Henry has repeatedly made the misleading statement “the vaccines are safe”.
The word safe means risk free, harmless, without danger. out of harm’s way, secure, and protected.
Health Canada’s “Reported side-effects following Covid-19 Vaccination in Canada” takes the position that the vaccine’s benefits outweigh the risks. However they do not claim that the vaccines are harmless and without significant risks.
To the contrary Health Canada mentions a long list of adverse reactions including:
– thrombocytopenia syndrome
– blood clots
– capillary leak syndrome
– Guillain-Barré Syndrome
– vaccination site abscess/cellulitis
– aseptic meningitis
– loss of consciousness
– loss of sensation in the face, hands or feet
– chest pain or pressure
– shortness of breath
– Bell’s palsy
Other adverse event databases in other NATO countries have compiled much longer lists of vaccine reactions causing death and disabilities, and miscarriages in vaccinated pregnant women.
British Columbians, and other Canadians have come forward to receive the Covid-19 vaccine injections because they incorrectly believed the injections were safe.
People have died, or been seriously harmed, from adverse events after receiving the Covid-19 vaccines which they believed were safe. Other Canadians have become disabled after receiving the injections they believed were safe.
People trusted in high level experts such as Dr. Henry and now they are dead or disabled because they believed the very specific words “the vaccines are safe”.
The trend of adverse reactions and deaths is tabulated globally in databases such as the Canada Vigilance Adverse Reaction Online Database, the American VAERS database, and the European Union’s Database of Adverse Drug Reactions (EudraVigilance).
Summary of Current Reports
EU/EEA/Switzerland (to 28 August 2021): 23,252 Covid-19 injection related deaths and 2,166,285 injuries, per EudraVigilance Database.
UK (to 18 August 2021): 1,609 Covid-19 injection related deaths and 1,165,636 injuries, per MHRA Yellow Card Scheme.
USA (to 20 August 2021) 13,627 Covid-19 injection related deaths and 2,932,001 injuries, per VAERS database.
TOTAL for EU/UK/USA: 38,488 Covid-19 injection related deaths, and 6,263,922 injuries (reported as of 30 August 2021)
Note: It is important to be aware that these official figures above (reported to the health authorities) are a small percentage of the actual figures.
Additionally and significantly, the World Health Organization (WHO) maintains a database of Adverse Events related to “Covid-19 Vaccine”
From Addendum (attached) World Health Organization (WHO) Database for “Covid-19 Vaccine” (http://vigiaccess.org/)
See Attached Extract
Total Adverse Events Recorded (Sept 16, 2021): 2,009,195
The ever increasing list of post vaccination deaths and injuries must no longer be concealed behind the words “the vaccines are safe”.
Dr. Henry appears to be noncompliant with the Practice Standards related to Informed Consent, which are underlined in the above Complaint Summary. These Practice Standards are disrespected every time Dr. Henry says “the vaccines are safe” and stops right there.
Wherefore I call upon the BCCPS to investigate if the statement “the vaccines are safe”, without any disclosure of potential risks, can be allowed to continue.
On a Prima Facie basis the relevant practice standards are clearly being ignored and disrespected. Appropriate action must be taken, and Dr. Henry must be ordered to cease and desist from repeating her claim that “the vaccines are safe”, unless this statement is amended to include the Informed Consent requirements in the Practice Standards listed above.
Remedial actions must be taken as deemed appropriate by the BCCPS, and an impartial determination made as to whether malpractice has or has not occurred.
Dr. Henry’s messaging must be balanced to comply with the Practice Standards relevant to Informed Consent, the voluntary nature of consent, and that consent under duress is not valid consent.
Dr. Henry’s messaging must respect proactive disclosure of the ongoing adverse reactions and deaths associated with the Covid-19 vaccines, in a manner consistent with the BCCPS Practice Standards.
The Practice Standard regarding ‘ethical and professional obligation to disclose information about adverse or harmful events” can no longer be ignored or marginalized.
“Communication with the public must be limited to factual and truthful information that assists the patient in making an informed decision.”
Norman Grant Smith
Legal Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are my own opinions, based on my own observations, and my interpretation of those observations, as stated, and expressed in accordance with Canadian “Fundamental Freedoms” Legislation.
Addendum # 1: Extract from World Health Organization VigiAccess Database
Extract from World Health Organization VigiAccess Database
Adverse drug reactions (ADRs)
- Blood and lymphatic system disorders (79548)
- Cardiac disorders (93927)
- Congenital, familial and genetic disorders (1035)
- Ear and labyrinth disorders (65691)
- Endocrine disorders (2513)
- Eye disorders (73594)
- Gastrointestinal disorders (420914)
- General disorders and administration site conditions (1231142)
- Hepatobiliary disorders (3812)
- Immune system disorders (27698)
- Infections and infestations (126524)
- Injury, poisoning and procedural complications (94160)
- Investigations (264142)
- Metabolism and nutrition disorders (45810)
- Musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders (596754)
- Neoplasms benign, malignant and unspecified (incl cysts and polyps) (2782)
- Nervous system disorders (876095)
- Pregnancy, puerperium and perinatal conditions (4074)
- Product issues (3498)
- Psychiatric disorders (94453)
- Renal and urinary disorders (15801)
- Reproductive system and breast disorders (65428)
- Respiratory, thoracic and mediastinal disorders (210581)
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders (280103)
- Social circumstances (13763)
- Surgical and medical procedures (16811)
- Vascular disorders (108551)